Shane

Where are you skiing next

This topic is for those wanting to announce where they are heading next to ski or snowboard. Perhaps others may be heading to the same mountain, and you may find a buddy to share the slopes.

I'm planning on visiting Camp Fortune Saturday in the morning. Other than 2-3 trails the mountain is fully open. It'll be my first time this season on Skyline.

I was up at Fortune on Wednesday and Thursday nights.  The conditions were great.  I suspect it's a little more hard packed now but there is a great base.  All the runs on Skyline are open.  Going to Mont Ste Marie Sunday. 

Conditions were great on the weekend. Still going strong and not letting up. 

I was reading elsewhere that the situation in the Eastern Townships was a little harder, some saying the roads towards Orford along the highway showed a serious lack of snow. But once at the mountain luckily the snow was there. Amazing. To me the Ottawa-Gatineau region used to get less snow than the Townships unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

Eager to hit the slopes next Sunday. Perhaps a visit out to the Montreal region for skiing is in order.

Was up at Camp Fortune last night.  The conditions are still very good, soft snow but no slush. Only upper Canadian was a bit a icy, everything else was soft but fast.  Great skiing in warm temperatures.

6cm fell at Camp Fortune overnight. Going up for some night skiiing tonight. Big storm arriving Sunday Afternoon.  I may have to take a sick day Monday and ski Tremblant or Mont Ste Marie. 

My next ski outing may well possibly be to Whaleback in Enfield, NH this coming Sunday. First time there. Been by it a few times in the summer. Time to explore. If the trip happens, I will post a report for us.

Well its a another Powder day here in the Ottawa/Gatineau region... pushing 15cms and snowing hard right now.  Camp Fortune night skiing tonight!

Its been a week without Skiing! what a crazy melt down Ottawa went from almost 80cm of snow pack to 15cm.  Anyway winter is kinda back and I'm going up to Mont Ste-Marie Friday and Calabogie Sunday. Will report... thinking conditions will be dust on crust but will see.

Sounds good. I may visit Camp Fortune on Saturday or Sunday. To be determined. Keep us posted. Eager to see how things are on the slopes. 

Totally insane. In my neighbourhood we went from 3 feet of snow and huge snow banks everywhere, to maybe 10 cm with areas of bare grass. This almost reminds me of the week 4-5 years ago in March when it was +20 every day.

I'll be at Mont Blanc tomorrow, I'm not entirely sure what to expect. I'm not worried about coverage because there was TONS of snow there before, but I'm expecting very firm snow and lots of ice as the day progresses. It will be cold as well which doesn't help things, but at least it will be sunny. 

Heading to Calabogie Peaks tomorrow, especially to ski the Black Donald trail. And of course to enjoy the new snow!

Just got back from five days skiing in Utah and now I'm rewarded with 8cm and counting in the Ottawa area.  Better get the skis out of the bag.  Going somewhere this weekend.

Skied Snowbird, Alta and Solitude. Snow, sun and fun times at 11,000ft.  But Gatieau skiing is looking good for this weekend with 19cm so far! What a great way to start spring. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.