Camp Fortune - January 1, 2020

The new year at Camp Fortune rolled in with 25cms of snow over 24hrs.  Fortune must have groomed after the snowfall as everything was perfect corduroy.  Skyline is open with Bud Clark, Canadian, Chute , and Sparks.  Heggtveit was getting setup for snowmaking once the temperatures drop.  The ropes have not dropped yet on Swan Dive or the glades, maybe after another good snow fall.   Conditions were great and the lines were small.  I managed to get second chair after waiting with a small line of early risers.  Every trail in the Valley is open with the exception of the T-bar runs. The Meech lift runs were also open.  The temperatures were hovering around zero and light snow began to fall around 10am.  Lots of snow on the crossover trail of Humdinger as Fortune made/pushed snow across the trail this year.  Overall a great start to the new year. 

20200101_092624.jpg

20200101_093337.jpg

20200101_094036-PANO.jpg

20200101_095002.jpg

20200101_100342.jpg

20200101_100650-PANO.jpg

20200101_113553.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The new year at Camp Fortune rolled in with 25cms of snow over 24hrs.  Fortune must have groomed after the snowfall as everything was perfect corduroy.  Skyline is open with Bud Clark, Canadian, Chute

Posted Images

Nice pics. Looks nice and wintery for a change. The snow did help out quite a bit to freshen things up. I haven't been out in the past week myself, but itching to go. The forecast hasn't been that great over the holidays down here. I've been to picky on the days to get out. I need some sun!

Looks great! On the 1st, we went to Saint-Sauveur which also received about 25-30cm, and a sprinkling on the first as well. Perfect way to ring in the new year! (we were also there NYE for the fireworks and storm!).