Aller au contenu
Gordo

Camp Fortune - January 20, 2019

Messages recommandés

Boom! I woke to 15cm and it was still coming down hard.  Yes it was cold (-20c) but when it snows its a good day.  I managed to make it up to Fortune around 10am. Late maybe but I was hungover and got stuck behind a fleet of snow plows.  There was still lots of powder to go around.  First stop was Heggtveit.  After some fun on Skyline including Swan Dive I went over to the valley. The T-bar was running so I gave McDonald and Alexander a try.  If you wanted pristine powder in the valley, then those were the runs.  By noon we had topped 20cm! The wind was a little fierce and lots of snow was drifting or getting blown into the woods but still what a killer morning.  More snow is on the way later in the week and temperatures will rise.  So get it while its good!

IMG_20190120_101000639.jpg

IMG_20190120_103627005.jpg

IMG_20190120_105357151.jpg

IMG_20190120_112510645.jpg

Swan Dive

IMG_20190120_113843798.jpg

IMG_20190120_115705198.jpg

McDonald

IMG_20190120_120146092.jpg

Alexander

IMG_20190120_120611990.jpg

IMG_20190120_122539171.jpg

IMG_20190120_123206696.jpg

So much snow in the trees

IMG_20190120_123718218_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190120_124720198.jpg

Oh man that looks sweet! Getting stuck behind a fleet of ploughs sometimes isn't a bad thing. At least it made for a safe drive, however a slow one, Love the pics! Looked like quite a few people made it out but no lift lines. Lots of powder for everyone.

We got a little over a foot of powder in Sherbrooke last night so it was 3 and half hours of shoveling out. I have to make another round of shovelling soon to keep up. It's still snowing lightly and there is at least another inch or two on the car again! 

Glad that you got to enjoy the powdah! 

The conditions look so fantastic. A little disappointed I'm not out there enjoying them. Baby is coming very soon, and working to get over a cold. Your pictures definitely help!

Where was the picture just below the Pineault Quad taken? Is that the glade off of Marshall or someplace else?

Just now, Gordo said:

Shane that’s the glade run “Au Naturale” that runs down to Sparks or the Meech Crossing.  What a fun day. 

Haha. I think that's the same trail I had previously asked you about. I guess it's high time I get on it myself! :)

Thanks.

That looks amazing and I can't believe it doesn't look totally slammed even with some empty chairlifts! And Swan Dive is open?! Wow. I like how you start your day on the most difficult run hehe. 

After a week of fighting it off I caught my partner's cold and slept til 5 today so I'm thinking no skiing for me tonight :( One more evening of rest though and tomorrow, it's on! @Paul three hours to shovel out?! Driveway or street parking?! I'm about to head downstairs and start shoveling out. Depending on what time I finish I was thinking of going to Bromont but very likely I'm staying in to nurse my cold. 

Invité DarR

The Swan Dive twigs was cleaned-up thanks to a Camp Fortune patron.  He did an awesome job and hopefully will be cleared with this dump of snow.

Swan dive serves Hot-Dogs only... No pizza slices.

Swan Dive is "officially" open today if your willing to brave the -37c temps. No word on Duffy though.  Environment Canada is saying that Ottawa got 21.8cms yesterday.

23 hours ago, Gordo said:

What about french fries? 

Regarding twigs Camp Fortune should be weed wacking in the fall.  They dropped the ball this year. 

Yeah! Hotdogs, Fries but no pizza slices.

They usually do but this year, the person that usually handled it died and things fell through the cracks. Fortunately, there's someone on it now and will be attacking CraigMarc as well.

Invité Grass cutting

Hi, 

Yes we had some grass cutting woes this year. The tractor we hired fell through, so the crew had to cut everything by hand. We had a tonne of projects happening this fall and some serious staffing issues with grass cutters so we didn't get to the trails.  We do have a plan for next season though and hopefully it comes together.