Paul

Vermont Lift Ticket Prices for 2018-19 Season

New England Ski Industry's website has just released the lift ticket prices for 2018-19 in Vermont, and they are up 6% this season. Vermont is again the most expensive of all the New England states. There are 6 resorts with prices over $100 USD with Stowe being the most expensive at $139 USD. Killington and Stratton had the largest increase at 12% each to $129 USD. Smugglers Notch actually lowered their non holiday weekend price by $2. The least expensive in Vermont is Queechee at $49. Below is the link for the full picture.

https://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=736 

Wow Stowe is like almost $200cnd! That’s the cost of an almost anytime season pass at Camp Fortune.  If I was skiing in Vermont i’d stick with Jay or Mad River Glen. 

Almost anywhere other than the top 6 most expensive resorts! I have been wanting to check out Bolton Valley, Suicide 6, and now Magic has piqued my interest but it's quite a hike down there. Still going to run about $100 Canadian at those places with the exchange. Liftopia may help out a bit in cost.........I hope. Maybe I'll  direct most of my attention to the smaller places, and give them a shout out here on the forum.

The pricing is becoming insane. Yes the big places will always have plenty of incoming skiers throughout the season but it is the smaller (and affordable) place that really keep most people skiing during the season.

Gordo hit the big point. One day at Stowe is around the cost for a fair almost anytime pass at Fortune and at alot of other 'smaller' mountains. 

The smaller places will always be around, they build new skiers and help keep skiers on the snow. The bigger ones tend to end one's season quickly due to lack of funds to keep going.

I love Tremblant greatly but a ski day there is priced at a point that I would only go once or twice a season. Last time I actually skied there was in 2015. The price keeps me away. (Gas, parking, food and lift ticket), easily a $150 or $200 day affair.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:16 AM, Gordo said:

Wow Stowe is like almost $200cnd! That’s the cost of an almost anytime season pass at Camp Fortune.  If I was skiing in Vermont i’d stick with Jay or Mad River Glen. 

yeah Stowe is Epic now and can suck it.

You'll still be able to get a Killington Spring Beast Pass around St-Patty's weekend for $225 that allows you to ski every single day til end of season: wait for it :)

@Shane after a lot of customer complaints around the new pricing last season, Tremblant kept its Latitude card which it had initially planned to eliminate. The earlybird used to be $52/day and now it's $59/day which is still decent. Also, they have tiered pricing during the day so if you're just wanting to go for a few hours, it's something like $27 after 2:30pm. This works best in the spring when the lifts run til 5. I have four Latitude days and will likely save them til spring and stay at the Cap Tremblant with their $222 for two nights (plus weekend surcharge) deal.