Camp Fortune opens this Friday Nov. 23rd

Opening day will be Friday,  November 23rd from 9 am to 4 pm

Friday November 23  9 am to 4 pm
Saturday November 24 9 am to 4 pm
Sunday November 25 9 am to 4 pm
Friday November 30 9 am to 4 pm
Saturday December 1 9 am to 4 pm
Sunday December 2  9 am to 4 pm

Well........looks like I am going to be the last one to start their season this year! Ocean won this year for earliest start. I am eyeing some dates for an outing before December but not sure if it's going to work. Keeping a look out for Bretton Woods to start the season. From what I have seen it is off to a great start for what they have open.

Hoping to make it up tomorrow. Everything is packed.

I was talking to Erin at Camp Fortune end of October and she shared with me the following info on the latest in regards to the investments announced earlier in the spring.

We hope to start the lodge expansion in April and have it completed by 2019-2020 ski season. The expansion will include increased seating, a bar restaurant, lockers, improved skier services including rentals, customer service, renovated and addition of washroom, ski patrol and new cafeteria. The lodge expansion is an investment of over $2,000,000.

The snowmaking improvements have started and we now have new snowmaking pipe on Allen’s Alley and North American. We will be installing tower guns on Allen’s Alley. We are very excited that North America is now serviced by snowmaking and will be open as often as Paradis is. We will no longer have to rely on natural snow to open it. Tower guns on Allen’s Alley will be more efficient and we hope to open for the season with Allen’s Alley and Pineault. Our snowmaking improvements will continue over the next couple of seasons and the complete project is an investment of over $1,000,000.

We have two summer projects included in the funding. These projects are still at the approval and design stage, more will be announced as we firm up our plans.

Love this news. Expanded lodge will be great, so something to look forward to the following season.

For the present, more snowmaking on Allen's Alley, which is why it's open with Pineault this year right from the start. Also equally if not even bigger news, North American now has snowmaking. Previously a natural snow only trail, the snowmaking will ensure it will be open much more often with better conditions. Great news as with Paradis, they are the longest trails on the mountain. And more snowmaking improvements to come.