Aller au contenu
Shane

Mont Cascades - April 2, 2018

Messages recommandés

Another perfect day for spring skiing, today at Mont Cascades. The weather was once again cool but without the strong winds from yesterday. I arrived ready to hit the slopes at 11am and already the snow had begun to soften.IMG_0129.thumb.jpg.f3fc85312fc99a006334c79bfc452207.jpg

Nearly all trails were open with a few exceptions (Gratton and two of the cross-over trails between the East Quad and the main side). It honestly felt more like skiing in the winter than the spring.

Standout trails this visit were Hogan (which I chose to enjoy over and over), as well as Alouette and Interlude.

With no lines at the lifts, it was refreshing to run lap after lap, enjoying the fantastic snow. After lunch, there was actually a few snow flurries that were falling, a little sign that one last snow storm may still be on the way, let's hope it won't be too late. 

Mont Cascades has seen several improvements over the past years, including the new East Quad and the longest magic carpet in the region. The maintenance and care put into the facilities and infrastructure is very commendable as everything is in excellent condition. The chalet at Mont Cascades is perhaps one of the most inviting in the region, due to its look, style and views afforded from the windows. I was happy to see that the picnic-style tables in the chalet, which to me are a little too common in the Quebec ski industry, have been replaced with conventional tables and seats, a detail that does not go unnoticed and no doubt will be very appreciated by all.

Overall, a perfect day out on the slopes. Sadly... the coming 20-30mm of rain over the next two days will no doubt do some damage to the snow, and so it remains to be seen if Mont Cascades will be able to continue the ski season next weekend or if the last chair was today. If today was the end, then the season went out with a bang, you couldn't have asked for a better day spring skiing on the slopes. The inviting chalet, the warm atmosphere and ambiance and the excellent line up of trails and terrain always win out at Mont Cascades. Well done!

Here are some pictures of the day.

Happy Skiing!

Hogan.

IMG_0052.thumb.jpg.d78bbb07ee3ee5c0f9ec18aa86737fda.jpg

IMG_0055.thumb.jpg.65dd9eeb8faec461a6591734bbe09e2d.jpg

East Quad.

IMG_0071.thumb.jpg.44b83933dac99352295b6b6af10e673c.jpg

The new Viking magic carpet.

IMG_0083.thumb.jpg.d965cd4c732eb00a6021373355875b5f.jpg

Inside the Chalet.

IMG_0084.thumb.jpg.fedf96a8a47a2e1212b43429d57517c7.jpg

IMG_0086.thumb.jpg.9270e44fa275b1c353097cb8050e2070.jpg