Major investment announcement at Tremblant - $17 million, includes replacement of the Lowell Thomas triple
Your content will need to be approved by a moderator
With KSL aka Alterra's acquisition of Tremblant, comes the new Ikon pass, competitor to the Epic pass. Basically, loyal Tremblant passholders and families are getting screwed with the 2018-19 season rates because:
1. Tremblant eliminated the Latitude and Sublime (the sublime "replacement" is more expensive and with more blackout days)
2. Ikon passes must be purchassed in USD. So you get to pay the fluctuating exchange rate on limited pass options. This one I find particularly offensive because it is ridiculous for Canadian customers to be paying USD to ski on a Canadian mountain.
3. Sure there are more mountains included in your pass. If you can afford to get to them.
4. No more free hot chocolate or other perks for families. You now pay an additional $75 for those perks.
5. The children's pass also goes up in price.
Expect a mass exodus of longtime Tremblant passholders who can no longer afford to ski there. I'm sure Bromont and the Charlevoix area ski resorts will welcome them with open arms.
Full details here: https://www.slopeedge.ca/content/intrawest-resorts-holdings-inc-to-be-acquired-by-affiliates-of-aspen-skiing-company-and-ksl-capital-partners
What are your thoughts. No doubt we will have to wait till the Fall or perhaps the following season to see what kind of improvements on mountain there may be. But in the meantime,
What would you like to see improved at Tremblant for the skiing experience?
-Lowell Thomas replaced with High Speed Quad.
-Duncan Express replaced with six-pack lift.
-More development on the Versant Soleil.
For Blue Mountain, they already have robust infrastructure with 4 six-pack lifts and additional quads, so not sure what could be realistically improved there other than possible terrain expansion, which I am not sure is even possible.