Clicky

Gordo

Camp Fortune run update

Killer conditions up at Camp Fortune right now. I was up on Wednesday.  North America and Swan Dive (natural snow runs) are now open. Also there is a bump run on the left side of Clifford.  

• Like 1

Wow, great news that North American is now open. I may have to stop by to do some turns on the natural snow.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Shane
      The Quebec government has announced investments of $1.3 million at Camp Fortune.  Great news!
      This investment will help realize Camp Fortune's four-season development projects. The project includes the purchase of snow guns and increasing snowmaking capacity to allow for a longer ski season. Also mentioned is the expansion of the chalet. 
      A second phase will permit a renovation and expansion of the aerial adventure, which would also add a two-lane zip line linking the three peaks of the ski mountain.
      More details can be found on the press release (French only) : https://www.newswire.ca/fr/news-releases/programme-de-soutien-aux-strategies-de-developpement-touristique---tourisme-hivernal---le-gouvernement-du-quebec-accorde-plus-de-13-million-de-dollars-au-camp-fortune-pour-bonifier-le-tourisme-hivernal-dans-la-674977463.html
      As more details come out, they will be shared here.
    • By Gordo
      Here is a quick report on conditions at Fortune.  Today was gorgeous, sunny and a high of 4. The runs were fast hard packed snow with a little bit of icing on top. The trails are in good shape and softened a tad by midday. Camp Fortune has managed to survive the freezing rain we had on Sunday very well.  I arrived at around 9:30 and was shocked by how busy it was. I guess everyone had the same idea. The lines were fast but I have to say the older crowd were acting like stoned teenagers. They couldn't line up well, they were falling getting on the lift, or standing to close to the chair as it turned around, it was like a bunch of retires who hadn't skied in like 5 years decided to go skiing today. Anyway I survived the mayhem and checked out Meech which is always quiet and the Valley. Slalom races were being held on Slalom and Canadian/Chute.  Overall a great day to get some sun and power down some groomers. Now lets hope for more snow and no rain! Ski on. 

Nice view, I think I see Vorlage. 

The passage to Heggtveit

Looking over the edge of Heggtveit. Steep and fast. 

Snow close up.

The woods beside the Meech chair.  Possible low angle blue rated glades? 

North American with all natural snow base. No one was on it. 

North American

Bump run on Clifford in the valley.

Slalom looking toward the main lodge.

Race on Slalom. The natural run Duffy to the left.

Trick/jump park on Pineault.

Skyline in all its glory. 

Kicking up dust on Heggveit.