Clicky

Gordo

Mont Ste Marie - February 1, 2018

Wow. Lets see 20cm of fresh light snow, warm temperatures and Cheval Blanc was left ungroomed.  I think this may have been one of the best days at MSM ever. I arrived right at the opening, took in the Vanier side for a few runs, then trained over to Cheval when it opened at 9:30. Then I skied beautiful powder for a good 3hours, had lunch and skied another hour or so.   By about 11 most of the powder was chop but since it was so light you could just steam roll over it.  People should remember on big snow days not to turn to much! save the snow.  Dustin Cook was the favorite. The steeps of Formidable and Besty were also great, a nice change from the icy hard pack.  I was surprised by how much snow they got considering Ottawa only got like 5cm and Camp Fortune around 10cm.  The footnote to this great day is when there is a big snow storm go to Mont Ste-Marie and ski unrolled snow.  Lets hope for a few more days like that..IMG_0366.thumb.JPG.11221ad1ea62bd78a8bb92564033b337.JPG..or how about a dozen. Cheers. 

DSCF1118.jpg

Exhibition on the Vanier side. Snow Cross course on the right.

DSCF1125.jpg

Betsy

DSCF1129.jpg

Dustin Cook

DSCF1131.jpg

More Dustin 

DSCF1134.jpg

DSCF1136.jpg

DSCF1138.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

Lunch!

DSCF1142.jpg

DSCF1143.jpg

Serenade

DSCF1144.jpg

Deer on the way home

Dustinfresh.jpg

So fresh!

Oh man does that ever look sweet! So I see you had a tough day at the office ?! Lunch looked pretty tasty too with a beer chaser. We got a bit of snow overnight but not like that. Thanks for the report and great pics. 

Well I plan my days off according to snow storms.  I also couldn’t resist the Mont Ste-Marie labelled beer! 

The lunch plate looked amazing, I have to say. Definitely gives me the interest to try the bar side of the chalet on my next visit. I usually always stay on the cafeteria open side.

Dustin Cook looked great. I personally love that trail, but I also really enjoy Bellevue and Serenade as they have that Tremblant big mountain feel to them, with all the turns, curves and rolls.