Tremblant's ski season 2018-19 jumps out of the starting gate!
The 2018/19 slide season starts today at Tremblant, offering skiers and riders a fresh new experience thanks to a $17M investment. With over 200 hours of manmade snow and natural snowfalls totaling over 70 cm, slide sports fans can carve their first turns of the season on 16 trails presenting exceptional conditions, including one top-to-bottom trail linking the summit to the North and South side bases. The Progression snow park will be 100% open with a number of features, as well as medium and large jumps. The mountain operations team should have at least 20 trails open by the end of the weekend. Please see our Snow Report for the latest updates.
Inauguration Day Activities
To explore what's new about this year's enhanced on-mountain experience, the following activities will be taking place with members of the Station Mont Tremblant executive team and Tremblant's own ambassadors:
- 8:00 am: Red carpet meet-up at base of Gondola;
- 11:30 am: Unveiling of Grand Manitou summit chalet and Wall of Fame, with ambassadors Jasey-Jay Anderson, Ariane Lavigne, Peter Duncan and Linda Crutchfied;
- 1:00 pm: Tour of newly updated Fourchette du Diable.
Please note the opening of the new Lowell-Thomas Express lift has encountered an unexpected delay, in part owing to the important snowfalls of the past few days. In order to ensure usual quality and safety requirements are met, the inauguration has been rescheduled. You will be informed shortly of its new launch date.
December's Event Overview
- 24h Tremblant – December 7 to 9: Participants in Tremblant's 24 hr ski, walk and run relay fundraiser collect donations for underprivileged and sick children.
- El Rigleto – December 15: Youngsters 6 and under are invited to join a fun snowboard training event, presented by Burton Tremblant and Quebec Snowboard Association;
- Super Demo Day – December 15 & 28: The biggest names in the ski and snowboard industries meet up at the base of the mountain, offering free try-outs of their latest gear;
- Holiday Celebrations – From December 22 to January 4: The magic of Christmas takes the pedestrian village by storm, proposing five fun-filled themed days brimming with the holiday spirit;
- New Year's Eve Party – December 31: The Torchlight Parade and Snow Show, the Starlight Disco and a firmament full of fireworks on the stroke of midnight are all on the menu of this highly colourful evening. Fluorescent clothing is a must!
Source and Photos : Tremblant